|home message archive theme fiction writing theory pop about my gifs follow forever previous next|
I'm Jon. Increasingly fond of the term Queer. Increasingly concerned about myself. A ghost ate my everything burrito and I was sad but it was a dream about a dog.
I write stuff about Pop Culture and post in on a site called Theory Pop.
Contrary to popular belief, Chris Parnell did not perform my Brit Milah.
I Reblogged That For You: A Story of Internet Friendship
"I don’t want to sound racist, but…"
fuck! i’m gonna start saying that lmao “but you’re gonna power through it”
Man. That is an amazing exchange.
Still one of my favorite moments.
TIME FOR A CAT PARTY
HUMAN DANCE WITH US
Dͬͫ͊̎҉҉̛̬̣͚A̱̫̩̣̫̎ͫͤͨ̂̆̋͘͜Ņ̷̣̱̇ͤ͗͛̚C̛̞̜͕̖̤̥̱ͤ̚È̡͓͚ͯ́ ̣̩ͬ̀̋̐̿́ͨͧ̀͟W̛̼͇͍͕̄ͨ̓̅ͬ̔ͮ̃͘͠Ȋ̷̶̧̳̖ͫ̎͑̿͊̚T̨̳̬͙̥̆ͧ̂̒ͅHͦ̽͐̀̿ͫͧ̌͏ͅ ̔̊̈͐͗͡͏̜͓̀Ư̡̛͈͕̯͕̹ͪ̎͆S͇̗͕͚̳̻͒͐̍̄ͯ̒̚͠,̷̢͎̥̻͗͗͌͌́̀̚ ̟̺̟̜̼͔ͨ͒̒͟H̯̆͐͡U̅̀̽ͦ́ͥ́͆͏̦̰̙̲͔̟͜M̡̭̫̰̰̭̘̬ͬ͑̍ͮ̄̓A̯̫͕̲͗ͩ̏̊̔͛Nͤ͏̷̞̩͎̦̱.̵̟͔̟̓͒̾͡
nothing has ever spoken to me quite like this
A personal message from Liam Neeson to President Putin.
you can preach about slut-shaming all you want, but you can’t deny there’s something very wrong with 13 and 14-year old girls going out in skirts and dresses so short they barely cover their asses and shirts with necklines so low they show off cleave they haven’t got yet, drinking and even smoking and hooking up with guys before they even have a substantial knowledge of how sex and sexual relationships work.
Thank YOU HOLY SHIT
The problem in the above paragraph is that it blames girls for a situation that has almost nothing to do with the girls in question making supposedly bad choices and everything to do with:
1. a society that doesn’t believe in scientifically accurate, comprehensive sex ed.
2. a society that doesn’t acknowledge teenage sexuality in a way that assists teens in making responsible sexual choices with their peers.
3. a society and media culture that tells girls their only value is in their beauty and that what people want to do to and with their bodies is a measure of that beauty.
4. a society that enforces toxic codes of female competition for supposedly scarce resources (male approval).
5. And a society that rarely mentions boys when it’s busy being outraged by sexual behavior among teens.
Based on those five things, the girls that are, in fact, being slut-shamed in the original paragraph, are arguably making the most reasonable choices they can with the shitty data they’ve been provided.
If there’s some shaming that needs doing here, it’s not of them. It’s of all of us who aren’t seeing what actually needs fixing because we swallowed the bullshit too, and are so attached to the meager rewards of being good girls, that we’ll let those girls in the clothes we don’t approve of get hurt, and then we’ll hurt them for it again, just so we can keep our own social standing as the supposedly righteous.
What a load of fucked up crap.
Correcting Internet DisInformation: The American Space Pen / The Russian Pencil
thank you for this.